Man intentionally steps in front of tractor trailer on Route 28
A man intentionally stepped in front of a 1993 Peterbilt tractor trailer this morning on Route 28 in an attempt to take his own life, according to Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office reports.
The 8:07 a.m. incident shut down traffic on Route 28 for several hours.
The man, whose name and age was not released, was airlifted from the scene near South Sterling Boulevard with life-threatening injuries.
An investigation into the incident is ongoing.
- DEVELOPING: Leesburg council votes to keep Loudoun government center and courts downtown
- Dulles South residents oppose power lines
- MORE: Golf star issues emotional plea for Leesburg father’s return
- Police identify driver in Leesburg hit and run
- New food truck, Cured, cures epicurious appetites in Loudoun
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.