Maryland woman dies after Christmas Day crash on Route 15
A Maryland woman died earlier today as a result of injuries she received in a two-vehicle crash Christmas Day on Route 15.
Annalee S. Marshall, 20, of Adamstown, was airlifted from the scene to Inova Fairfax Hospital. She died from her injuries this morning.
The 12:43 p.m. crash occurred on Route 15 near Black Walnut Lane, only five miles from the Maryland state line.
According to Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office reports, Marshall, who was driving north on Route 15 in a 1997 Honda Civic, ran off the east shoulder, overcorrected and crossed into the southbound lane of traffic.
Her car struck a 2005 Acura driven by Todd Willman, 55, of Chambersburg, Pa.
Two passengers in the Acura were treated for minor injuries. A third passenger, Scott Tarner Jr., 23, was also airlifted to Inova Fairfax hospital, where he is listed in stable condition.
The crash is under investigation by the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office Crash Reconstruction Unit.
- UPDATE: Three Loudoun supervisors considering raising taxes to fund education
- UPDATE: Contender for School Board At Large seat enters ring
- 2015 Virginia legislative session wraps up with ethics rules
- Stone Bridge rallies past O’Connell in hockey championship game
- Woodgrove high schooler to take Philly Eagles linebacker to prom