Mays named permanent county CFO
Acting Loudoun County Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Ben Mays has been tapped as the permanent county CFO.
Mays had been serving as the head of the county’s Department of Management and Financial Services since May. He joined the county as a budget officer in 1992.
“I believe Mr. Mays will continue the path paved by the county’s immediate past Chief Financial Officer Mark Adams, by providing sound leadership and great financial stewardship of Loudoun County tax dollars,” County Administrator Tim Hemstreet said in a prepared statement.
According to the county’s public information office, Mays’ expertise includes operational budget development and management, capital budgeting, fiscal impact analysis and debt issuance and administration. He holds a bachelor’s degree in government from the College of William and Mary.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Police identify driver in Leesburg hit and run
- New food truck, Cured, cures epicurious appetites in Loudoun
- Silver Line falls 30 percent short of projected ridership; lawmakers remain optimistic
- A Times-Mirror conversation with Sen. Mark Warner
- Workers for Verizon—one of Loudoun’s largest employers—vote to authorize strike, if necessary
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.