Mays named permanent county CFO
Acting Loudoun County Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Ben Mays has been tapped as the permanent county CFO.
Mays had been serving as the head of the county’s Department of Management and Financial Services since May. He joined the county as a budget officer in 1992.
“I believe Mr. Mays will continue the path paved by the county’s immediate past Chief Financial Officer Mark Adams, by providing sound leadership and great financial stewardship of Loudoun County tax dollars,” County Administrator Tim Hemstreet said in a prepared statement.
According to the county’s public information office, Mays’ expertise includes operational budget development and management, capital budgeting, fiscal impact analysis and debt issuance and administration. He holds a bachelor’s degree in government from the College of William and Mary.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Orbital to launch Antares rocket Oct. 27 from Wallops Flight Facility
- Comstock’s property taxes raise questions about a central campaign narrative
- Maryland man pleads guilty to Taylorstown home invasion
- Voting advocates fear impact of Virginia’s voter ID law
- Witness in Sterling murder recants testimony