Mays named permanent county CFO
Acting Loudoun County Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Ben Mays has been tapped as the permanent county CFO.
Mays had been serving as the head of the county’s Department of Management and Financial Services since May. He joined the county as a budget officer in 1992.
“I believe Mr. Mays will continue the path paved by the county’s immediate past Chief Financial Officer Mark Adams, by providing sound leadership and great financial stewardship of Loudoun County tax dollars,” County Administrator Tim Hemstreet said in a prepared statement.
According to the county’s public information office, Mays’ expertise includes operational budget development and management, capital budgeting, fiscal impact analysis and debt issuance and administration. He holds a bachelor’s degree in government from the College of William and Mary.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Redskins-themed restaurant and sports bar to open in One Loudoun
- Allder School Road in Purcellville closed for three weeks
- School leaders present options to ease overcrowding at Mercer Middle School
- WEATHER ALERT: Winter Advisory issued for Friday evening; icy conditions likely
- Loudoun deputies seek public’s help in finding missing Leesburg man