Mays named permanent county CFO
Acting Loudoun County Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Ben Mays has been tapped as the permanent county CFO.
Mays had been serving as the head of the county’s Department of Management and Financial Services since May. He joined the county as a budget officer in 1992.
“I believe Mr. Mays will continue the path paved by the county’s immediate past Chief Financial Officer Mark Adams, by providing sound leadership and great financial stewardship of Loudoun County tax dollars,” County Administrator Tim Hemstreet said in a prepared statement.
According to the county’s public information office, Mays’ expertise includes operational budget development and management, capital budgeting, fiscal impact analysis and debt issuance and administration. He holds a bachelor’s degree in government from the College of William and Mary.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Ashburn couple indicted in $20M visa fraud scheme
- EDITORIAL: Sister cities bring junkets and jokes, not economic development
- New York-style Bada Bing Bagels coming to Purcellville
- Cynet Systems of Ashburn named fastest-growing private company in Va.
- Redskins’ Pierre Garçon surprises Loudoun County ‘Teacher of the Year’