Mays named permanent county CFO
Acting Loudoun County Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Ben Mays has been tapped as the permanent county CFO.
Mays had been serving as the head of the county’s Department of Management and Financial Services since May. He joined the county as a budget officer in 1992.
“I believe Mr. Mays will continue the path paved by the county’s immediate past Chief Financial Officer Mark Adams, by providing sound leadership and great financial stewardship of Loudoun County tax dollars,” County Administrator Tim Hemstreet said in a prepared statement.
According to the county’s public information office, Mays’ expertise includes operational budget development and management, capital budgeting, fiscal impact analysis and debt issuance and administration. He holds a bachelor’s degree in government from the College of William and Mary.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Epicurience festival arrives in D.C. Wine Country Labor Day weekend
- Makersmiths find a home in Leesburg
- List of journalists killed on duty in U.S. and Canada since 1976
- The future of Loudoun: A look at the developing Silver Line hub in Ashburn
- Units from Loudoun, MWAA and Fairfax knock down South Riding fire
Patchy rain nearby
|Hi 90°||Hi 92°|
|Lo 69°||Lo 69°|
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.