McDonnell, Jindal to visit Loudoun on Wednesday
Gov. Bob McDonnell will be joined by fellow Republican Gov. Bobby Jindal of Louisiana in Loudoun County Wednesday to campaign for Mitt Romney.
The Sterling event at Tart Lumber Company—coming less than four weeks before election day—will be the final stop for Jindal and McDonnell on a day-long trek that includes visits in Portsmouth and Chester.
The Republican leaders are expected to arrive at Tart Lumber around 4:30 p.m. The Sterling hardware store, located at 22183 Shaw Road, hosted former Virginia governor and current Senate candidate George Allen on a campaign stop over the summer.
McDonnell and Jindal’s visit comes a day after a major Loudoun event for the Democrats; first lady Michelle Obama is slated to speak Tuesday night at the Loudoun County Fairgrounds.
- Charter school amendment approved in General Assembly session
- UPDATE: Contender for School Board At Large seat enters ring
- 2015 Virginia legislative session wraps up with ethics rules
- Stone Bridge rallies past O’Connell in hockey championship game
- Woodgrove high schooler to take Philly Eagles linebacker to prom