McDonnell, Jindal to visit Loudoun on Wednesday
Gov. Bob McDonnell will be joined by fellow Republican Gov. Bobby Jindal of Louisiana in Loudoun County Wednesday to campaign for Mitt Romney.
The Sterling event at Tart Lumber Company—coming less than four weeks before election day—will be the final stop for Jindal and McDonnell on a day-long trek that includes visits in Portsmouth and Chester.
The Republican leaders are expected to arrive at Tart Lumber around 4:30 p.m. The Sterling hardware store, located at 22183 Shaw Road, hosted former Virginia governor and current Senate candidate George Allen on a campaign stop over the summer.
McDonnell and Jindal’s visit comes a day after a major Loudoun event for the Democrats; first lady Michelle Obama is slated to speak Tuesday night at the Loudoun County Fairgrounds.
- New food truck, Cured, cures epicurious appetites in Loudoun
- Pedestrian hit by truck in Leesburg; driver flees scene
- Silver Line falls 30 percent short of projected ridership; lawmakers remain optimistic
- A Times-Mirror conversation with Sen. Mark Warner
- Workers for Verizon—one of Loudoun’s largest employers—vote to authorize strike, if necessary
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.