Video: Loudoun County’s young presidential historian, Melaki Felder
Melaki Felder, a 7-year-old from Lucketts, can recite the names, birthdays and years served of every U.S. president. Felder's mom Carmen said her son's fascination with the nation's leaders began a couple years ago with dollar bills and coins. “He would ask anybody around to pull out their dollars or change and memorize who was on the money,” Felder recalls. Now, the 7-year-old can rarely be found without a presidential fact sheet in his hand or his backpack full of historical books around his shoulders. Melaki's favorite commander-in-chief is Barack Obama because he's “the first African-American president,” and his second favorite is Franklin Delano Roosevelt because he “served four terms, the most of any president.”
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Commentary: In Loudoun, a mismatch between need and affluence
- MORE: 10th District town hall goes on without Rep. Comstock
- Leesburg attorney challenging waitress’ claim of racist message on receipt
- Loudoun supervisors approve Lidl-anchored commercial development in Broadlands
- Lawmakers say new state budget is bad news for Loudoun County judiciary
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.