Video: Loudoun County’s young presidential historian, Melaki Felder
Melaki Felder, a 7-year-old from Lucketts, can recite the names, birthdays and years served of every U.S. president. Felder's mom Carmen said her son's fascination with the nation's leaders began a couple years ago with dollar bills and coins. “He would ask anybody around to pull out their dollars or change and memorize who was on the money,” Felder recalls. Now, the 7-year-old can rarely be found without a presidential fact sheet in his hand or his backpack full of historical books around his shoulders. Melaki's favorite commander-in-chief is Barack Obama because he's “the first African-American president,” and his second favorite is Franklin Delano Roosevelt because he “served four terms, the most of any president.”
- Riverside High School’s grand opening welcomes new students and staff
- West Virginia man falls asleep at the wheel, hits utility worker in Hillsboro
- Want to be RGIII’s neighbor?
- National groups pumping money into key Loudoun legislative races
- Northern Virginia teen gets more than 11 years for helping Islamic State
Moderate or heavy rain shower
|Hi 86°||Hi 95°|
|Lo 68°||Lo 69°|
As Seen IN PRINT
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.