Minnesota man wanted for strong arm rape arrested at Dulles Airport
A Minnesota man wanted for strong arm rape was taken into custody Wednesday at Dulles International Airport.
Customs and Border Protection officers arrested Samson Mengesha, 23, of St. Paul, after he arrived on a flight from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Mengesha was wanted by Dakota County, Minn. authorities.
CBP officers officers verified the validity of the warrant against Mengesha and confirmed extradition. Mengesha was turned over to Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Police for further processing and extradition.
“The United States is a welcoming nation,” said Christopher Hess CBP port director for the Port of Washington. “And CBP is committed to facilitating legitimate travel; however we stand ever vigilant in identifying those travelers that our laws identify as needing further scrutiny.”
CBP conducts inspection operations and intercepts currency, weapons, prohibited agriculture products or other illicit items, and on average makes 61 criminal arrests a day at U.S. Ports of entry nationwide.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Comstock’s property taxes raise questions about a central campaign narrative
- Maryland man pleads guilty to Taylorstown home invasion
- Voting advocates fear impact of Virginia’s voter ID law
- Witness in Sterling murder recants testimony
- LCPS encourages relationships between schools and local businesses