Minnesota man wanted for strong arm rape arrested at Dulles Airport
A Minnesota man wanted for strong arm rape was taken into custody Wednesday at Dulles International Airport.
Customs and Border Protection officers arrested Samson Mengesha, 23, of St. Paul, after he arrived on a flight from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Mengesha was wanted by Dakota County, Minn. authorities.
CBP officers officers verified the validity of the warrant against Mengesha and confirmed extradition. Mengesha was turned over to Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Police for further processing and extradition.
“The United States is a welcoming nation,” said Christopher Hess CBP port director for the Port of Washington. “And CBP is committed to facilitating legitimate travel; however we stand ever vigilant in identifying those travelers that our laws identify as needing further scrutiny.”
CBP conducts inspection operations and intercepts currency, weapons, prohibited agriculture products or other illicit items, and on average makes 61 criminal arrests a day at U.S. Ports of entry nationwide.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Finding room: What might get sacrificed in Loudoun’s capital budget for two new schools
- Middleburg, Distilled: Mt. Defiance Cidery and Distillery opens to the public
- UPDATE: Three Loudoun supervisors considering raising taxes to fund education
- UPDATE: Contender for School Board At Large seat enters ring
- 2015 Virginia legislative session wraps up with ethics rules