Minnesota man wanted for strong arm rape arrested at Dulles Airport
A Minnesota man wanted for strong arm rape was taken into custody Wednesday at Dulles International Airport.
Customs and Border Protection officers arrested Samson Mengesha, 23, of St. Paul, after he arrived on a flight from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Mengesha was wanted by Dakota County, Minn. authorities.
CBP officers officers verified the validity of the warrant against Mengesha and confirmed extradition. Mengesha was turned over to Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Police for further processing and extradition.
“The United States is a welcoming nation,” said Christopher Hess CBP port director for the Port of Washington. “And CBP is committed to facilitating legitimate travel; however we stand ever vigilant in identifying those travelers that our laws identify as needing further scrutiny.”
CBP conducts inspection operations and intercepts currency, weapons, prohibited agriculture products or other illicit items, and on average makes 61 criminal arrests a day at U.S. Ports of entry nationwide.
Be the first to post a comment!
- In Northern Va., Michelle Obama says tech industry to train, hire 90K military vets
- Parent takes Loudoun school administrators to court over alleged FOIA violations
- Loudoun supervisors address increasing student diversity
- U-Va. dean bashes Rolling Stone article in open letter
- Chris Cooley’s Leesburg mansion is still for sale