Missing LCSO K-9 found safe in Hamilton
A Loudoun County K-9 that escaped from a groomer Friday was located Sunday near Ivandale Road in Hamilton.
The 80- to 85-pound German Shepherd named Bronco escaped from a business near Catoctin Circle and King Street in Leesburg.
Bronco appeared to be healthy when he was found, according to Liz Mills, spokesperson for the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office, but was taken to a local veterinarian as a precaution.
The agency received several calls from residents early Sunday reporting a possible sighting of Bronco near Foundry Road.
“We appreciate the outpouring of support in bringing Bronco back to his handler,” said Loudoun Sheriff Mike Chapman in a prepared statement. “The efforts of residents spreading the word through social media and offering to help in the search was overwhelming and we are grateful for those residents who kept an eye out for Bronco and helped bring him home.”
It’s not clear how the K-9 was able to escape from the groomers.
- Finding room: What might get sacrificed in Loudoun’s capital budget for two new schools
- Middleburg, Distilled: Mt. Defiance Cidery and Distillery opens to the public
- UPDATE: Three Loudoun supervisors considering raising taxes to fund education
- UPDATE: Contender for School Board At Large seat enters ring
- 2015 Virginia legislative session wraps up with ethics rules