Missing LCSO K-9 found safe in Hamilton
A Loudoun County K-9 that escaped from a groomer Friday was located Sunday near Ivandale Road in Hamilton.
The 80- to 85-pound German Shepherd named Bronco escaped from a business near Catoctin Circle and King Street in Leesburg.
Bronco appeared to be healthy when he was found, according to Liz Mills, spokesperson for the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office, but was taken to a local veterinarian as a precaution.
The agency received several calls from residents early Sunday reporting a possible sighting of Bronco near Foundry Road.
“We appreciate the outpouring of support in bringing Bronco back to his handler,” said Loudoun Sheriff Mike Chapman in a prepared statement. “The efforts of residents spreading the word through social media and offering to help in the search was overwhelming and we are grateful for those residents who kept an eye out for Bronco and helped bring him home.”
It’s not clear how the K-9 was able to escape from the groomers.
- Community protests Sterling’s Calvary Temple church amid allegations of sexual abuse
- Round Hill artist awarded honorable mention in international plein air competition
- UPDATE: Leesburg Police investigating stabbing death
- Two VIP board members resign, lay out grievances
- Republicans praise McAuliffe for signing budget