Missing LCSO K-9 found safe in Hamilton
A Loudoun County K-9 that escaped from a groomer Friday was located Sunday near Ivandale Road in Hamilton.
The 80- to 85-pound German Shepherd named Bronco escaped from a business near Catoctin Circle and King Street in Leesburg.
Bronco appeared to be healthy when he was found, according to Liz Mills, spokesperson for the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office, but was taken to a local veterinarian as a precaution.
The agency received several calls from residents early Sunday reporting a possible sighting of Bronco near Foundry Road.
“We appreciate the outpouring of support in bringing Bronco back to his handler,” said Loudoun Sheriff Mike Chapman in a prepared statement. “The efforts of residents spreading the word through social media and offering to help in the search was overwhelming and we are grateful for those residents who kept an eye out for Bronco and helped bring him home.”
It’s not clear how the K-9 was able to escape from the groomers.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Loudoun Sheriff’s Office seeks information on missing Ashburn teens
- Federal authorities raid Landsdowne home
- MORE: Supervisor Meyer considering rules change to limit resolutions and proclamations
- ‘Western Loudoun Preserved:’ New book celebrates area cuisine
- Loudoun businesses pushing back against Muslim center’s expansion plans