New movie theater to open in time for summer blockbusters
The Alamo Drafthouse Cinema has announced an early May opening of its first location in the Washington D.C. region.
The 32,000-square-foot movie theater and restaurant will bring the brand’s acclaimed dining options and unique movie-related events.
Currently, the new Alamo at One Loudoun is two-thirds completed, with exterior walls up, roof installed and electricity and sound panels being added within weeks.
“We can’t wait for Loudoun County to experience first-hand why Time Magazine calls us ‘the best theater ever,’” said Anthony Coco, franchise partner with Alamo Drafthouse Cinema. “I think Alamo’s signature touches will make us a hit as we expand into the Washington region.”
Upon completion, the location will feature 792 seats and eight auditoriums, each equipped with state-of-the-art Sony 4K projectors for an all-digital presentation.
In addition to the superior audio visual equipment, the layout of each auditorium eliminates the traditional front row, ensuring every seat in the house allows for a great viewing experience.
With their grand opening, Alamo is planning a series of events for the new theater, including festivities surrounding the release of several eagerly anticipated summer blockbusters, sneak previews with discounted tickets and half-priced food, and Alamo’s famous “Rolling Roadshow” events.
- Amid squabble, conservative talk show host withdraws request for Loudoun County tax exemption
- Rolling Stone article on culture of rape at UVA: ‘Instantly all anyone could talk about’
- Eastern District collects $24 million in debts in fiscal 2014
- Mathias and his team unleashing childhood cancer awareness
- ‘This is My Brave’: Community responds to growing suicide, depression rates