New vice mayor in Leesburg
Leesburg will have a new second in command at its next Town Council meeting.
Council member David Butler was voted by his colleagues on council to be the new vice mayor at the Jan. 8 Town Council meeting.
Butler was elected as the next vice chair by a 6-0-1 vote with Tom Dunn absent.
Council member Marty Martinez motioned to make Butler the next vice mayor and the motion was seconded by Kelly Burk.
Dave Butler has served on the Town Council for the last four years and before that he served on the Town Planning Commission as well as other committees.
During his time on the Council he has served as liaison for the Economic Development, Environmental, Tree and Technology Commissions.
“I want to thank Kevin Wright for his great service and his gracious decision to defer and pass along his vice mayor seat,” Mayor Kristen Umstattd said. “We really appreciate how gracious you are.”
Be the first to post a comment!
- Inspector general critiques Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority audit practices
- Community protests Sterling’s Calvary Temple church amid allegations of sexual abuse
- Round Hill artist awarded honorable mention in international plein air competition
- UPDATE: Leesburg Police investigating stabbing death
- Two VIP board members resign, lay out grievances