Northern Virginia Streetcar Coalition holds first meeting
Local elected officials, transportation experts, business leaders and members of the public gathered Oct. 28 for the Northern Virginia Streetcar Coalition’s first meeting.
The event highlighted NVSC’s training partnership with Northern Virginia Community College. The college is exploring hosting a maintenance facility on its Alexandria campus and would like to establish a streetcar maintenance and operations curriculum.
The coalition advocates for streetcars to support walkable, transit-oriented development in the region. For more information, visit, novastreetcar.com.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: Sister cities bring junkets and jokes, not economic development
- Virginia Supreme Court recognizes gay couples in divorce law
- Loudoun Planning Commission backs AT&T’s data center plans for Short Hill Mountain
- Three arrested and charged in early-Thursday Ashburn burglaries
- Hamilton Town Councilman Dimitri Kesari found guilty in second federal corruption trial