Northern Virginia Streetcar Coalition holds first meeting
Local elected officials, transportation experts, business leaders and members of the public gathered Oct. 28 for the Northern Virginia Streetcar Coalition’s first meeting.
The event highlighted NVSC’s training partnership with Northern Virginia Community College. The college is exploring hosting a maintenance facility on its Alexandria campus and would like to establish a streetcar maintenance and operations curriculum.
The coalition advocates for streetcars to support walkable, transit-oriented development in the region. For more information, visit, novastreetcar.com.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Supervisors vote to support new memorials on Loudoun courthouse grounds
- McAuliffe restores voting rights of more than 10,000 Virginians
- In Loudoun’s labor of love, balancing the costs with the romance
- Sterling robbery sends victim to hospital
- AG Mark Herring won’t run for governor in ‘17; will seek re-election instead
Thundery outbreaks in nearby
|Hi 94°||Hi 89°|
|Lo 69°||Lo 67°|
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.