NOVEC launch program to help needy
NOVEC customers have the opportunity to join Operation Round Up, a program the electric company does to help the less fortunate pay their heating bills in the winter. Those who participate authorize NOVEC to round their monthly electric bills up to the next dollar.
The extra money is then donated to organizations like The Salvation Army, which help distribute the funds to low-income people who qualify for assistance paying their electric bills.
NOVEC customers can sign up to participate at http://www.novec.com/oru12 or by calling 703-335-0500. Those who sign up by Dec. 2 will be entered into a drawing for one of 10 $25 VISA gift cards.
Customers will also see some money returned on their December bills. NOVEC’s board of directors has authorized a $1.05 million return to its customer-owners. Because of the company’s nonprofit status, it has the ability to return any money collected not used to maintain, improve and expand its electricity distribution back to the customers and will do so this year.
- UPDATE: Three Loudoun supervisors considering raising taxes to fund education
- Charter school amendment approved in General Assembly session
- UPDATE: Contender for School Board At Large seat enters ring
- 2015 Virginia legislative session wraps up with ethics rules
- Stone Bridge rallies past O’Connell in hockey championship game