Obama makes quick stop in Leesburg
The president was set to arrive in Leesburg at 12:30 p.m. and depart at 1:55 p.m. from Leesburg Executive Airport.
House and Senate Democrats – as well as House and Senate Republicans -- hold annual retreats at the start of each year to discuss policy positions and their platforms.
Obama held closed-door discussions with Senate Democrats in Maryland Wednesday, according to the Associated Press, which reported that the president is making the visits to promote his second-term agenda and keep the party unified.
The AP reported Obama will focus on policies that ensure a “fair playing field” for every American to prosper.
President Bill Clinton is expected to address the Democrats in Lansdowne Friday.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Former Loudoun Democrats chairman who left party launches bid for supervisor
- From quarry to community: Looking at the huge Waterside development application
- Loudoun photographers earn honors, work on display in Herndon
- MORE: Critics say Virginia ethics bill won’t prevent another scandal
- West End Wine Bar and Pub to open in Purcellville