PEC offering ‘small farm dream’ course
The Piedmont Environmental Council will again be offering their course on “Exploring the Small Farm Dream” for those interested in starting a new farm or re-working an existing one.
“During the four interactive sessions, the ‘explorers’ will determine whether the farm enterprise they have in mind is right and practical for them—or if there is another, better way for them to contribute to the local food system, agrarian landscape, and rural lifestyle,” said Sue Ellen Johnson, instructor and the PEC’s director of agriculture and rural economy.
“This course helps participants identify the resources they will need for success,” Johnson explains..
The course will be held over four session in Culpeper, Wednesdays from Feb. 20 to March 13, 6:30-9 p.m. Registration is $160. For more information, contact Karen Hunsberger at 540-316-9973 or visit pecva.org/events.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Loudoun could play role in DC’s Olympic bid
- Leesburg Police responded to more than 4,600 calls for service in July
- Comstock, Foust take 10th District debate stage Wednesday
- Partisanship an issue at Warner-Gillespie forum
- Sterling man charged in fatal drunk driving case among 49 indicted by grand jury