PEC offering ‘small farm dream’ course
The Piedmont Environmental Council will again be offering their course on “Exploring the Small Farm Dream” for those interested in starting a new farm or re-working an existing one.
“During the four interactive sessions, the ‘explorers’ will determine whether the farm enterprise they have in mind is right and practical for them—or if there is another, better way for them to contribute to the local food system, agrarian landscape, and rural lifestyle,” said Sue Ellen Johnson, instructor and the PEC’s director of agriculture and rural economy.
“This course helps participants identify the resources they will need for success,” Johnson explains..
The course will be held over four session in Culpeper, Wednesdays from Feb. 20 to March 13, 6:30-9 p.m. Registration is $160. For more information, contact Karen Hunsberger at 540-316-9973 or visit pecva.org/events.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Judge rules Va. can remove Confederate flag from license plates
- Fire-rescue and law enforcement training to be held at Loudoun County High School
- Leesburg Police to celebrate National Night Out Aug. 4
- D.C. man arrested in Ashburn for hit and run, weed and drunk in public
- Times change, but cotillion remains popular in Loudoun
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.