PNC bank in Sterling robbed
Located on the 100 block of Free Court in Sterling Park, the bank was robbed shortly after 9 a.m.
According to a report from the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office, the suspect entered the building around 9 a.m. and demanded cash. He is described as around 5'10" and thin. At the time of the incident, he had on black pants, a black toboggan hat and a gray sweatshirt.
Both the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office and the FBI's Washington Field Office are investigating the case. The FBI is offering a $5,000 reward to any information that leads to the identification, arrest and conviction of the robber.
Anyone with information who has not spoken with police is asked to contact the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office at 703-777-1021 or the FBI at 202-278-2000. Tips can also be submitted online at tips.fbi.gov or in person at local FBI offices, American Embassies or consulates.
This is an ongoing story. More information will be released as it becomes available.
- Two charged with attempted murder in Lansdowne
- MORE: Virginia Senate committee defeats gun control proposals
- Preschool and kindergarten school teaches arts early in new building
- Competition for in-state admission remains stiff at Va. universities
- Brambleton rezonings pass Loudoun board; new houses and $35M in improvements coming