PNC bank in Sterling robbed
Located on the 100 block of Free Court in Sterling Park, the bank was robbed shortly after 9 a.m.
According to a report from the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office, the suspect entered the building around 9 a.m. and demanded cash. He is described as around 5'10" and thin. At the time of the incident, he had on black pants, a black toboggan hat and a gray sweatshirt.
Both the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office and the FBI's Washington Field Office are investigating the case. The FBI is offering a $5,000 reward to any information that leads to the identification, arrest and conviction of the robber.
Anyone with information who has not spoken with police is asked to contact the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office at 703-777-1021 or the FBI at 202-278-2000. Tips can also be submitted online at tips.fbi.gov or in person at local FBI offices, American Embassies or consulates.
This is an ongoing story. More information will be released as it becomes available.
- Holding court: Falcons, Raiders win state volleyball titles
- Gov. McAuliffe announces first commercial hops facility in mid-Atlantic in Loudoun
- No small potatoes: Loudoun Interfaith rebounds in time for the turkey
- First baby born at Inova’s new Natural Birth Center
- Rolling Stone article on culture of rape at UVA: ‘Instantly all anyone could talk about’