Police investigating burglary at Leesburg home
Police were called to the home about 9:25 a.m. by a neighbor who said he saw a man leaving the home, which had its front window broken out.
Officers were immediately dispatched and set up a perimeter around the area in an attempt to find the man. Additional units from the Virginia State Police K-9 section responded to assist in attempting a track.
Police searched the home and found that it had been ransacked. As of late Thursday, officers were still trying to determine if anything had been stolen from the home.
The suspect is described as a white man, tall, with a slender build and was last seen wearing a dark stocking cap.
The Leesburg Police Department is asking anyone who may have information about this incident to call 703-771-4500. Callers wishing to remain anonymous can call the Leesburg Crime Line at 703-443-TIPS.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Comstock’s property taxes raise questions about a central campaign narrative
- Maryland man pleads guilty to Taylorstown home invasion
- Voting advocates fear impact of Virginia’s voter ID law
- Witness in Sterling murder recants testimony
- LCPS encourages relationships between schools and local businesses