POLITICO: Bolling out of governor’s race
Politico.com reported late Tuesday that Virginia Lt. Gov. Bill Bolling (R) will exit the 2013 governor’s race, leaving Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli with a clear path to his party’s nomination.
Bolling’s announcement sets up what is likely to be tight race between two vastly different candidates, the Tea Party-branded Cuccinelli and Democrat Terry McAuliffe, a former Democratic National Committee Chairman who lost his party’s bid for the gubernatorial nomination in 2009.
Read Politico’s story here: Bolling to exit Virginia governor race
- EDITORIAL: Diversity must come out from the shadows
- Raider alums set the pace for Hokies
- Finding room: What might get sacrificed in Loudoun’s capital budget for two new schools
- Middleburg, Distilled: Mt. Defiance Cidery and Distillery opens to the public
- UPDATE: Three Loudoun supervisors considering raising taxes to fund education