POLITICO: Bolling out of governor’s race
Politico.com reported late Tuesday that Virginia Lt. Gov. Bill Bolling (R) will exit the 2013 governor’s race, leaving Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli with a clear path to his party’s nomination.
Bolling’s announcement sets up what is likely to be tight race between two vastly different candidates, the Tea Party-branded Cuccinelli and Democrat Terry McAuliffe, a former Democratic National Committee Chairman who lost his party’s bid for the gubernatorial nomination in 2009.
Read Politico’s story here: Bolling to exit Virginia governor race
- The numbers game: New study shows Loudoun homes do, on average, earn their keep
- Protests against Sterling’s Calvary Temple heat up
- MORE: The Confederate statue at Loudoun’s courthouse: Should it stay or go?
- Crisis Intervention Team expands to better address psychiatric emergencies
- In Loudoun, rural economy grows differently