POLITICO: Bolling out of governor’s race
Politico.com reported late Tuesday that Virginia Lt. Gov. Bill Bolling (R) will exit the 2013 governor’s race, leaving Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli with a clear path to his party’s nomination.
Bolling’s announcement sets up what is likely to be tight race between two vastly different candidates, the Tea Party-branded Cuccinelli and Democrat Terry McAuliffe, a former Democratic National Committee Chairman who lost his party’s bid for the gubernatorial nomination in 2009.
Read Politico’s story here: Bolling to exit Virginia governor race
- Great night to be a Viking: Valley wins three Conference 28 championships
- Group focuses on ‘Building the new Northern Virginia economy’
- MORE: Footage shows 263 missing Loudoun SAT tests left building in UPS possession
- Farm-to-Fork brings together Loudoun—both east and west
- Reston man sentenced to 29 years for rape of child