POLITICO: Bolling out of governor’s race
Politico.com reported late Tuesday that Virginia Lt. Gov. Bill Bolling (R) will exit the 2013 governor’s race, leaving Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli with a clear path to his party’s nomination.
Bolling’s announcement sets up what is likely to be tight race between two vastly different candidates, the Tea Party-branded Cuccinelli and Democrat Terry McAuliffe, a former Democratic National Committee Chairman who lost his party’s bid for the gubernatorial nomination in 2009.
Read Politico’s story here: Bolling to exit Virginia governor race
- Oaklawn residents seek common ground with K2M’s plans
- Loudoun deputy won’t face charges in accidental shooting of teen daughter
- Ashburn man charged with involuntary manslaughter following car surfing incident
- Bob McDonnell’s sister details communication woes
- George Mason comes to Loudoun; provides more education options