Ramadan files complaint on Greenway rates
State Del. David Ramadan (R-87th) filed a complaint Dec. 3 with the State Corporation Commission (SCC) requesting current toll rates along the Dulles Greenway be investigated for possible compliance failure.
Ramadan also wants a current application for a rate hike from Greenway’s owner, Toll Road Investors Partnership II (TRIP II), to be suspended.
In November, TRIP II applied for the maximum-allowed rate increase along the Greenway.
“I believe that an investigation by the SCC of the tolls on the Dulles Greenway would find that the current two-axle toll rates are not in compliance with the Code of Virginia,” Ramadan stated in an email. “Any further increase in these tolls would be inappropriate until after this compliant is property considered and resolved the SCC.”
- Orbital to launch Antares rocket Oct. 27 from Wallops Flight Facility
- Comstock’s property taxes raise questions about a central campaign narrative
- Maryland man pleads guilty to Taylorstown home invasion
- Voting advocates fear impact of Virginia’s voter ID law
- Witness in Sterling murder recants testimony