Residents join national group in Leesburg to discuss health care repeal
American’s for Prosperity, a national organization, held a town hall style meeting in Leesburg Jan. 18 to discuss the repeal of recently adopted health care legislation and what they describe as an overreach of federal and state government.
At the event, which was held at Ida Lee Recreation Center, AFP also trained citizen-activists on how to effectively lobby elected representatives to educate them on the issues facing Virginia’s families.
The meeting was one of four scheduled for in Virginia for Jan. 18.
AFP is an organization comprised of citizen leaders that lobby for an individual’s right to economic freedom. They group supports restraints on the size of government.
- Leesburg gas station robbed of cigarettes, cash
- Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce president receives statewide award
- Loudoun County Sheriff deputies honored for handling of suicide attempt
- Briar Woods alum talks about World Cup experience
- Loudoun County officials: State law dictates Confederate statue must stay