Residents join national group in Leesburg to discuss health care repeal
American’s for Prosperity, a national organization, held a town hall style meeting in Leesburg Jan. 18 to discuss the repeal of recently adopted health care legislation and what they describe as an overreach of federal and state government.
At the event, which was held at Ida Lee Recreation Center, AFP also trained citizen-activists on how to effectively lobby elected representatives to educate them on the issues facing Virginia’s families.
The meeting was one of four scheduled for in Virginia for Jan. 18.
AFP is an organization comprised of citizen leaders that lobby for an individual’s right to economic freedom. They group supports restraints on the size of government.
- Former Loudoun school superintendent elected Board of Directors chair for preservationist group
- With time running out, here’s where Verizon, union negotiations stand
- Lane closures on Ashburn Village Boulevard at Russell Branch Parkway set for August
- Dulles go kart racetrack says goodbye
- Leesburg Police Department looking for tipster No. 168
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.