Residents join national group in Leesburg to discuss health care repeal
American’s for Prosperity, a national organization, held a town hall style meeting in Leesburg Jan. 18 to discuss the repeal of recently adopted health care legislation and what they describe as an overreach of federal and state government.
At the event, which was held at Ida Lee Recreation Center, AFP also trained citizen-activists on how to effectively lobby elected representatives to educate them on the issues facing Virginia’s families.
The meeting was one of four scheduled for in Virginia for Jan. 18.
AFP is an organization comprised of citizen leaders that lobby for an individual’s right to economic freedom. They group supports restraints on the size of government.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: For $1 billion, citizens should expect accountability from Loudoun County Public Schools
- Loudoun Sheriff’s Office releases surveillance video of suspect in Purcellville burglary
- Loudoun Sheriff’s Office seeks information about Friday-morning crash in Sterling
- Leesburg man charged following motorcycle crash in Sterling
- Loudoun County chairwoman to attend Women’s March on Washington, urges nonviolent protest
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.