Rolling Ridge Elementary School teacher dies after seizure
Maria Ryan, a Rolling Ridge Elementary School special education teaching assistant, died at the hospital Tuesday after having a seizure in the school’s parking lot.
Ryan had the seizure as she pulled into the parking lot, according to Loudoun County Public Schools spokesman Wayde Byard.
She managed to avoid hitting any cars as she did and parked, passing out at the wheel.
Rolling Ridge Principal Andrew Davis said she brightened the lives of every student she served.
“She was loved by all because of her kind, gentle manner,” Davis said. “She had an incredible ability to bring the very best out of the students.”
- Former Loudoun school superintendent elected Board of Directors chair for preservationist group
- With time running out, here’s where Verizon, union negotiations stand
- Lane closures on Ashburn Village Boulevard at Russell Branch Parkway set for August
- Dulles go kart racetrack says goodbye
- Leesburg Police Department looking for tipster No. 168
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.