UPDATED: Bus driver in Route 15 crash charged
A school bus driver involved in a crash on the evening of Dec. 7 was charged with failure to yield the right of a way, a traffic violation.
Raina Hood, 33, was driving a bus carrying 41 high school students that turned onto Route 15 from Masons Lane and collided with a 1997 Ford F-250 truck going north.
Five Loudoun County students, the bus driver and one other adult were sent to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries and have since been released, Mills said.
The remaining passengers were transported in a second bus.
Route 15 was closed for about two hours following the crash, and reopened at about 7:30 p.m. Dec. 7.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: Running against the wind in Leesburg mayoral race
- Loudoun supervisors delay decision amending county’s noise standards
- Process, growth at heart of Leesburg Town Council debate
- Hero driver saves 32 kids from smoking Loudoun school bus
- Supervisors approve major rezoning at long-stalled Lexington 7 property
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.