UPDATED: Bus driver in Route 15 crash charged
A school bus driver involved in a crash on the evening of Dec. 7 was charged with failure to yield the right of a way, a traffic violation.
Raina Hood, 33, was driving a bus carrying 41 high school students that turned onto Route 15 from Masons Lane and collided with a 1997 Ford F-250 truck going north.
Five Loudoun County students, the bus driver and one other adult were sent to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries and have since been released, Mills said.
The remaining passengers were transported in a second bus.
Route 15 was closed for about two hours following the crash, and reopened at about 7:30 p.m. Dec. 7.
- MORE: Footage shows 263 missing Loudoun SAT tests left building in UPS possession
- Farm-to-Fork brings together Loudoun—both east and west
- Reston man sentenced to 29 years for rape of child
- Hillsboro man drives truck off Leesburg Parking Garage
- Farm brewery still a go in Lucketts—but without Flying Dog