Updated: Vehicle involved in Leesburg school bus crash charged
A Leesburg woman has been charged in a crash that occurred Jan. 29 involving a Loudoun County school bus.
At approximately 3:44 p.m., a school bus crashed into the driver’s side of Crystal Shield’s blue Ford Mustang.
According to sources on scene, the bus was one of two traveling east on Battlefield Parkway. As the first bus turned right on Plaza Street, the Mustang continued to turn out of Plaza Street and was hit by the second bus.
The Leesburg Police Department reported that neither the 33 children on the bus nor the bus driver were injured. Shields was airlifted to Fairfax Inova Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
After an investigation by the Leesburg Police Department’s Traffic Management Unit, Shield was charged with failure to lead the right of way. Her court date is set for March 11.
- Former Loudoun school superintendent elected Board of Directors chair for preservationist group
- With time running out, here’s where Verizon, union negotiations stand
- Lane closures on Ashburn Village Boulevard at Russell Branch Parkway set for August
- Dulles go kart racetrack says goodbye
- Leesburg Police Department looking for tipster No. 168
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.