Updated: Vehicle involved in Leesburg school bus crash charged
A Leesburg woman has been charged in a crash that occurred Jan. 29 involving a Loudoun County school bus.
At approximately 3:44 p.m., a school bus crashed into the driver’s side of Crystal Shield’s blue Ford Mustang.
According to sources on scene, the bus was one of two traveling east on Battlefield Parkway. As the first bus turned right on Plaza Street, the Mustang continued to turn out of Plaza Street and was hit by the second bus.
The Leesburg Police Department reported that neither the 33 children on the bus nor the bus driver were injured. Shields was airlifted to Fairfax Inova Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
After an investigation by the Leesburg Police Department’s Traffic Management Unit, Shield was charged with failure to lead the right of way. Her court date is set for March 11.
- Planting history: Hamilton’s Wegmeyer Farms and Oatlands partner to harvest strawberries in Leesburg
- Sheriff Chapman, Ralph Buona win Loudoun Republican nominations
- From Loudoun to the NFL: Alex Carter drafted in third round by Detroit
- George Mason U. takes over Loudoun Small Business Development Center
- Possible gang members attempt recruitment of Sterling Middle students