Updated: Vehicle involved in Leesburg school bus crash charged
A Leesburg woman has been charged in a crash that occurred Jan. 29 involving a Loudoun County school bus.
At approximately 3:44 p.m., a school bus crashed into the driver’s side of Crystal Shield’s blue Ford Mustang.
According to sources on scene, the bus was one of two traveling east on Battlefield Parkway. As the first bus turned right on Plaza Street, the Mustang continued to turn out of Plaza Street and was hit by the second bus.
The Leesburg Police Department reported that neither the 33 children on the bus nor the bus driver were injured. Shields was airlifted to Fairfax Inova Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
After an investigation by the Leesburg Police Department’s Traffic Management Unit, Shield was charged with failure to lead the right of way. Her court date is set for March 11.
- McAuliffe restores voting rights of more than 10,000 Virginians
- In Loudoun’s labor of love, balancing the costs with the romance
- Sterling robbery sends victim to hospital
- AG Mark Herring won’t run for governor in ‘17; will seek re-election instead
- Middleburg Film Festival to honor composer Carter Burwell; teases two films
|Hi 94°||Hi 93°|
|Lo 70°||Lo 68°|
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.