Sterling man arrested for burning his car
A Sterling man was arrested after authorities say he set fire Jan. 2 to a $8,000 Saab on Ridge Top Circle.
Authorities on Jan. 4 obtained a warrant for Jonathan Arya Laite-Pourtorab, 20, and charged him with burning or destroying personal property, a class 4 felony.
Laite-Pourtorab was taken into custody at his home at 5 Cedar Drive, according to Loudoun Fire and Rescue.
According to reports, firefighters were called to Ridge Top Circle about 8:52 p.m. Jan. 2 to find the 2001 Saab fully engulfed in flames. Firefighters quickly put out the fire before the car was considered a total loss, according to reports.
The fire was later ruled an arson and after an investigation by the Loudoun County Fire Marshal’s Office it was determined Laite-Pourtorab was responsible for the blaze. Authorities did not release a motive for Laite-Pourtorab’s actions.
Investigators were able to take video surveillance along with an informant’s statements to confirm the suspect’s actions prior to and after the fire.
Laite-Pourtorab is being held without bond at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Loudoun detectives seek public’s help in identifying Ashburn armed robbery suspect
- Supervisors initiate boundary line adjustment process between Middleburg, Loudoun County
- Loudoun deputies file new search warrant in Bethany Decker missing person case
- Biometric identification platform opens at Dulles, Reagan Airports
- Loudoun ranked as Virginia’s best for business investment