Sterling woman charged in connection with domestic dispute
A 32-year-old Sterling woman was charged Jan. 7 after authorities said she assaulted two family members and killed two dogs during an incident inside her North Fillmore Avenue home.
Aleta J. James, who was also injured during the incident, was charged with malicious wounding and abuse and neglect of a child.
James was released from the hospital Jan. 7.
One of the victims, a 51-year-old woman, was taken to Inova Faifax Hospital for non-life-threatening injuries she suffered during Jan. 6 assault.
Two family dogs were also injured during the assault and later died from their injuries. Loudoun County Animal Control also responded to the scene.
James is being held without bond at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Former Loudoun school superintendent elected Board of Directors chair for preservationist group
- With time running out, here’s where Verizon, union negotiations stand
- Lane closures on Ashburn Village Boulevard at Russell Branch Parkway set for August
- Dulles go kart racetrack says goodbye
- Leesburg Police Department looking for tipster No. 168
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.