Students publish history booklet for Loudoun Valley’s 50th anniversary
Loudoun Valley High students are giving their high school a gift for its 50th birthday: a history booklet “Vikings Through the Decades.”
The 28-page booklet contains major events in school history, a listing of the school’s principals and their tenures, commentary by coaches on championship sports team and interviews and material submitted by former faculty and staff.
Kristina Anderson and Chloe Spillane, ‘12, worked on the booklet past graduation until they left to start college at Virginia Tech.
The two planned publication and design in the winter and worked two-and-a-half weeks before graduation gathering content and interviewing. Yearbook editor Katie Pownall finished the project this year.
The booklet is on sale at Loudoun Valley High School for $10 and $15 by mail.
Send a check made payable to LVHS to Martha Akers, Loudoun Valley High School, 340 North Maple Avenue, Purcellville, Va. 20132, with mailing instructions.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Virginia State Police asked to investigate Calvary Temple
- SCC concludes Dulles Greenway investigation, rules favorably for toll road
- Deputies seek witnesses to Ashburn crash
- Leesburg man arrested for making threats via text, social media
- Dominion Resources will no longer bill for some charitable donations
Thundery outbreaks in nearby
|Hi 91°||Hi 88°|
|Lo 67°||Lo 64°|
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.