Students publish history booklet for Loudoun Valley’s 50th anniversary
Loudoun Valley High students are giving their high school a gift for its 50th birthday: a history booklet “Vikings Through the Decades.”
The 28-page booklet contains major events in school history, a listing of the school’s principals and their tenures, commentary by coaches on championship sports team and interviews and material submitted by former faculty and staff.
Kristina Anderson and Chloe Spillane, ‘12, worked on the booklet past graduation until they left to start college at Virginia Tech.
The two planned publication and design in the winter and worked two-and-a-half weeks before graduation gathering content and interviewing. Yearbook editor Katie Pownall finished the project this year.
The booklet is on sale at Loudoun Valley High School for $10 and $15 by mail.
Send a check made payable to LVHS to Martha Akers, Loudoun Valley High School, 340 North Maple Avenue, Purcellville, Va. 20132, with mailing instructions.
Be the first to post a comment!
- In Northern Va., Michelle Obama says tech industry to train, hire 90K military vets
- Parent takes Loudoun school administrators to court over alleged FOIA violations
- U-Va. dean bashes Rolling Stone article in open letter
- Chris Cooley’s Leesburg mansion is still for sale
- Maureen McDonnell: Corruption trial was unfair