A home in Sugarland Run on March 8 sustained $20,000 in an accidental fire.
Fire and Rescue units from Sterling, Ashburn and Fairfax County responded to 123 Victoria Place to find a fire that originated in the fireplace and was contained within the walls.
The Loudoun County Fire Marshal’s Office determined the fire was caused by cracks in the home's chimney.
The residents of the home were not displaced. They were alerted to the fire by their smoke alarms, allowing them time to evacuate and call for help.
Although one person was treated on scene for smoke inhalation, the potential injury to the family and damages to the home were drastically lessened because of functioning smoke alarms, according to Laura Rinehart, spokesperson for Loudoun Fire and Rescue.
Be the first to post a comment!