Suspect in Sterling bank robbery apprehendedJanuary robbery of a local PNC Bank.
The suspect, Jonzel M. Bailey, 22, is currently in custody in the Fairfax Adult Detention Center for other charges.
The incident at the PNC Bank took place Jan. 2 at 9 a.m. in the 100 block of Free Court when a man, believed to Bailey, entered the facility and demanded cash.
Bailey was arrested in Miami last week and taken back to Virginia Jan. 18 after waiving extradition. Bailey is currently being held in Fairfax on charges of robbing a Wells Fargo in Herndon Dec. 27, though he was charged Jan. 18 for the Sterling robbery.
A joint investigation between the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office, the FBI and the Town of Herndon Police, Loudoun County Sheriff Mike Chapman praised the collaborative effort.
“This is a prime example of how good working relationships with our partners in law enforcement and our partners in the community can help solve crime,” Chapman said in a release.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Middleburg Charter School faces probation
- Dominion’s Smith to play in U.S. Army All-American Bowl
- Former Redskin Fred Smoot arrested for domestic violence
- Rape story jolts UVA campus; LCPS grads demand changes
- Hops, not houses: How a Lucketts transplant hopes to bring Loudoun back to its agrarian roots