Sycolin overpass contract awarded
The Sycolin Road overpass of Route 7/Route 15 in Leesburg will be designed by the Dewberry national professional services team for Shirley Contracting Company.
The grade-separated bridge for Sycolin will include two northbound and two southbound 12-foot travel lanes, a sidewalk and a barrier-separated shared-use path. It will remove the existing signal intersection.
The project is estimated to cost $19.6 million and is designed to improve safety in the area.
Dewberry was also the designer for Battlefield Parkway and the Dulles Greenway, which will replace the existing access to the bypass from Sycolin Road.
For more information on this and other traffic projects, visit virginiadot.org.
Be the first to post a comment!
- State lawmakers sign letter to ATF opposing proposed ammo ban
- Foodies rejoice part 2: More restaurant options in Loudoun
- Loudoun Commonwealth’s Attorney endorses Noble for sheriff
- Inspector general critiques Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority audit practices
- Community protests Sterling’s Calvary Temple church amid allegations of sexual abuse