UPDATED: Taylorstown family robbed during home invasion
Loudoun County deputies responded to the home in the 13400 block of Loyalty Road about 11:30 a.m. after the men left and the family was able to run to safety and call for help.
No injuries were reported, according to Liz Mills, spokesperson for the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office.
The family consisted of three adults and two children: a mother, father, daughter and two grandchildren, Mills said.
The residents reported that four unknown men, two white and two black, entered their home and brandished a weapon while trying to conceal their identity.
It's not know at this time what type of weapon was used during the incident.
Members of the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office are canvassing the area and residents should expect an increased presence of law enforcement, Mills said.
Investigators are asking anyone with any information regarding this case, or anyone who saw anything suspicious in this area, to immediately call the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office at 703-777-1021. Callers wishing to remain anonymous should call Loudoun Crime Solvers at 703-777-1919. If the information provided to Loudoun Crime Solvers leads to an arrest and indictment, the caller could be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1,000.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Two charged with attempted murder in Lansdowne
- MORE: Virginia Senate committee defeats gun control proposals
- Preschool and kindergarten school teaches arts early in new building
- Competition for in-state admission remains stiff at Va. universities
- Brambleton rezonings pass Loudoun board; new houses and $35M in improvements coming