TedxAshburn on Sept. 29
“Ideas worth sharing” is moving to Loudoun schools. Inspired by TED Talks and wanting to take it to a local level, a mini conference will take place at the LCPS Administration Bubilding from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Participants include Jeff Platenberg, LCPS assistant superintendent for support services; Luke Dollar, conservation scientist, National Geographic; Shawn Hardnett, chief officer for school excellence, Friendship Public Charter School; Bob Kolvoord, interim dean, College of Integrated Science and Engineering/Professor of Integrated Science and Technology, James Madison University; Afam Onyema, chief operating officer, The GEANCO Foundation, a non-profit health care purveyor; George Wolfe, Emmy award winner and director of the Loudoun Academy of Science; Radu Burducea, director Xbox and Kinect, US Education, Microsoft Greg Toppo, USA Today’s National K-12 education reporter; Lori Anne Madison, 6-year-old student, speller, science enthusiast; and Pam Moran, superintendent, Albemarle County Public Schools.
Be the first to post a comment!
- EDITORIAL: Secrecy threatens freedom in Virginia
- Leesburg Corner Outlet employee assaulted with hammer
- Email from Chairman York shows political relationship with Loudoun land use attorney
- UPDATE: Leesburg council votes to keep Loudoun government center and courts downtown
- Dulles South residents oppose power lines
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.