Three children struck by vehicle in Ashburn driveway
Three children playing in the driveway of an Ashburn home were hospitalized Thursday night – one with serious injures – after a teenager in the midst of a driving lesson with her parent lost control of her vehicle.
One of the three children, a 7-year-old girl, is being treated for life-threatening injures at Inova Fairfax Hospital.
Two others – 8- and 10-year-olds, were taken to the Lansdowne campus of Inova Loudoun for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
According to the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office, a 15-year-old girl was driving on Morven Woods Court about 6:45 p.m. when deputies believe she accidentally accelerated, causing the vehicle to jump a curb onto a sidewalk where the children were playing.
The crash is under investigation by the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office Crash Reconstruction Unit.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Commentary: In Loudoun, a mismatch between need and affluence
- Sterling man charged with public intoxication, assault of police after reaching for officer’s gun
- State employees to get pay raises in new budget
- Groups laud Virginia, Sen. Black for outlawing female circumcision
- MORE: 10th District town hall goes on without Rep. Comstock
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.