Three children struck by vehicle in Ashburn driveway
Three children playing in the driveway of an Ashburn home were hospitalized Thursday night – one with serious injures – after a teenager in the midst of a driving lesson with her parent lost control of her vehicle.
One of the three children, a 7-year-old girl, is being treated for life-threatening injures at Inova Fairfax Hospital.
Two others – 8- and 10-year-olds, were taken to the Lansdowne campus of Inova Loudoun for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
According to the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office, a 15-year-old girl was driving on Morven Woods Court about 6:45 p.m. when deputies believe she accidentally accelerated, causing the vehicle to jump a curb onto a sidewalk where the children were playing.
The crash is under investigation by the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office Crash Reconstruction Unit.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Foodies rejoice part 2: More restaurant options in Loudoun
- Loudoun Commonwealth’s Attorney endorses Noble for sheriff
- Inspector general critiques Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority audit practices
- Community protests Sterling’s Calvary Temple church amid allegations of sexual abuse
- Round Hill artist awarded honorable mention in international plein air competition