Three injured in Leesburg crash
Three people, including a toddler, were injured Tuesday in a two-vehicle crash on Evergreen Mills Road in Leesburg.
The 8:11 a.m. crash occurred when Miguel Zavaleta, 40, of Leesburg, driving a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado south on Evergreen Mills Road, slowed for traffic ahead.
However, Zavaleta was traveling too fast to stop and in an attempt to avoid striking the vehicles ahead of him crossed the double yellow line into oncoming traffic, according to Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office reports.
He struck a 2012 Jeep Wrangler that was traveling just north of Shreve Mill Road.
The driver of the Jeep, a 34-year-old woman, her 2-year-old daughter and Zavaleta were all airlifted from the scene.
None of their injuries were considered life-threatening, according to reports.
Zavaleta was charged with reckless driving.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Commentary: In Loudoun, a mismatch between need and affluence
- McAuliffe signs bills fighting opioid crisis, including measures from Wexton, LaRock
- After months of delays, supervisors deny One Loudoun rezoning in hostile vote
- Loudoun County’s multi-million dollar ERP problems continue
- More than 40 Oscar nominations for Middleburg Film Festival titles, actors
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.