Three injured in Leesburg crash
Three people, including a toddler, were injured Tuesday in a two-vehicle crash on Evergreen Mills Road in Leesburg.
The 8:11 a.m. crash occurred when Miguel Zavaleta, 40, of Leesburg, driving a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado south on Evergreen Mills Road, slowed for traffic ahead.
However, Zavaleta was traveling too fast to stop and in an attempt to avoid striking the vehicles ahead of him crossed the double yellow line into oncoming traffic, according to Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office reports.
He struck a 2012 Jeep Wrangler that was traveling just north of Shreve Mill Road.
The driver of the Jeep, a 34-year-old woman, her 2-year-old daughter and Zavaleta were all airlifted from the scene.
None of their injuries were considered life-threatening, according to reports.
Zavaleta was charged with reckless driving.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EDITORIAL: The right to know comes home at Montpelier
- Ashburn man who murdered estranged wife receives life sentence
- Report: State salaries to lag private sector by 27 percent
- Pacific Boulevard extension opens as Ashbun man waits for eminent domain trial
- EXCLUSIVE: LCPS officials recommended Dominion teacher for new job after ‘alleged incident’
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.