Three injured in Leesburg crash
Three people, including a toddler, were injured Tuesday in a two-vehicle crash on Evergreen Mills Road in Leesburg.
The 8:11 a.m. crash occurred when Miguel Zavaleta, 40, of Leesburg, driving a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado south on Evergreen Mills Road, slowed for traffic ahead.
However, Zavaleta was traveling too fast to stop and in an attempt to avoid striking the vehicles ahead of him crossed the double yellow line into oncoming traffic, according to Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office reports.
He struck a 2012 Jeep Wrangler that was traveling just north of Shreve Mill Road.
The driver of the Jeep, a 34-year-old woman, her 2-year-old daughter and Zavaleta were all airlifted from the scene.
None of their injuries were considered life-threatening, according to reports.
Zavaleta was charged with reckless driving.
- DEVELOPING: Friday morning shooting in Sterling
- Bluemont, Zephaniah Farm vineyards the stars at first-ever Loudoun Wine Awards
- IndED Academies offers alternative homeschool education
- Holocaust history training for Loudoun teachers emphasizes making the right choices
- Minor traffic crash leads to arrest in Purcellville
Light rain shower
|Hi 87°||Hi 86°|
|Lo 67°||Lo 65°|
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.