Tree trimming fraud suspect charged; deputies seek potential victims
A Midland man believed to be the main suspect in a Sterling fraud case was arrested Oct. 4 in Fauquier County.
John R. Kennedy Jr., 36, was charged with obtaining money by false pretenses.
Kennedy is being held at Loudoun County Adult Detention Center without bond.
He’s accused of offering tree trimming services to a Sterling resident in September for a company called Action Tree Service. Kennedy signed a contract and collected a deposit from the resident but never completed any work.
If you were a victim of this suspect and paid money to him without receiving any services, contact Detective M. Halley of the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office Financial Crimes Unit at 703-777-0475.
- Community protests Sterling’s Calvary Temple church amid allegations of sexual abuse
- Round Hill artist awarded honorable mention in international plein air competition
- UPDATE: Leesburg Police investigating stabbing death
- Two VIP board members resign, lay out grievances
- Republicans praise McAuliffe for signing budget