Tree trimming fraud suspect charged; deputies seek potential victims
A Midland man believed to be the main suspect in a Sterling fraud case was arrested Oct. 4 in Fauquier County.
John R. Kennedy Jr., 36, was charged with obtaining money by false pretenses.
Kennedy is being held at Loudoun County Adult Detention Center without bond.
He’s accused of offering tree trimming services to a Sterling resident in September for a company called Action Tree Service. Kennedy signed a contract and collected a deposit from the resident but never completed any work.
If you were a victim of this suspect and paid money to him without receiving any services, contact Detective M. Halley of the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office Financial Crimes Unit at 703-777-0475.
- Former Loudoun school superintendent elected Board of Directors chair for preservationist group
- With time running out, here’s where Verizon, union negotiations stand
- Lane closures on Ashburn Village Boulevard at Russell Branch Parkway set for August
- Dulles go kart racetrack says goodbye
- Leesburg Police Department looking for tipster No. 168
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.