Two Sterling robberies under investigation
The first event occurred at the 46500 block of Lynnhaven Square in Sterling, close to Potomac Falls High School. At around 6:15 a.m. on Sunday morning, a woman was approached by a man who pulled a gun on her and demanded she drop what she was carrying and remove some clothing. Leaving her belongings behind, the victim ran into her home. She reported her purse was among the lost items.
Shortly after, another woman was unloading groceries on the 10200 block of Mckean Court in the Lowes Island area of Sterling. A man approached and pointed a gun at her. The woman screamed and fled the area. Nothing was reported taken.
Because of the proximity, timing and description of the robber, the Sheriff's Office is considering the two cases to be related. Nearby jurisdictions have been contacted to see if similar robberies happened there as well.
The suspect was described as a light-skinned black man, approximately 5'8" tall with a medium build and probably in his mid-to-late 20s. At the time of the robberies, he was wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt partially concealing his face. He may have been driving a small burgundy or red car.
The Sheriff's Office has asked that anyone with information on either of these incidents call the Sheriff's Office at 703-777-1021.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Inspector general critiques Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority audit practices
- Community protests Sterling’s Calvary Temple church amid allegations of sexual abuse
- Round Hill artist awarded honorable mention in international plein air competition
- UPDATE: Leesburg Police investigating stabbing death
- Two VIP board members resign, lay out grievances