Unattended candle set Sterling townhome ablaze
Four residents were displaced after an unattended candle caused a fire Jan. 21 in a Sterling townhome.
According to Loudoun County Fire, Rescue and Emergency Management, firefighters from Sterling Park, Cascades, Lansdowne, Ashburn and Fairfax County reported to the 9:45 a.m. blaze at 6 Nicholson Court.
Crews were able to extinguish the fire and there were no injuries to either fire personnel or the residents. However, the building sustained an estimated $100,000 worth of damage.
The displaced residents are staying with family.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Search warrant reveals three license plates, wig and a ‘to-do list’ in Vester Flanagan’s car
- Broken lightbulb prompts bread recall in Va.
- Dulles Raytheon to aid in U.S. Air Force training
- Surprised? Washington D.C. region has nation’s worst traffic
- Larceny interrupted by deputies at Sterling store; man resists arrest
|Hi 88°||Hi 91°|
|Lo 62°||Lo 66°|
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.