Unattended candle set Sterling townhome ablaze
Four residents were displaced after an unattended candle caused a fire Jan. 21 in a Sterling townhome.
According to Loudoun County Fire, Rescue and Emergency Management, firefighters from Sterling Park, Cascades, Lansdowne, Ashburn and Fairfax County reported to the 9:45 a.m. blaze at 6 Nicholson Court.
Crews were able to extinguish the fire and there were no injuries to either fire personnel or the residents. However, the building sustained an estimated $100,000 worth of damage.
The displaced residents are staying with family.
Be the first to post a comment!
- EDITORIAL: A Thanksgiving party to grow hops, not houses
- Men used sledgehammer to smash counter at Dulles jewelry store; high-priced watches stolen
- Gov. McAuliffe says Virginia economy ‘perilous’
- New minimum wage legislation faces tough road in 2015
- Dominion’s Smith to play in U.S. Army All-American Bowl