Unattended candle set Sterling townhome ablaze
Four residents were displaced after an unattended candle caused a fire Jan. 21 in a Sterling townhome.
According to Loudoun County Fire, Rescue and Emergency Management, firefighters from Sterling Park, Cascades, Lansdowne, Ashburn and Fairfax County reported to the 9:45 a.m. blaze at 6 Nicholson Court.
Crews were able to extinguish the fire and there were no injuries to either fire personnel or the residents. However, the building sustained an estimated $100,000 worth of damage.
The displaced residents are staying with family.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: For $1 billion, citizens should expect accountability from Loudoun County Public Schools
- Trump praises the CIA, bristles over inaugural crowd counts on first full day in office
- Loudoun County supervisors defer One Loudoun’s park and ride proposal
- Two dead after Sunday morning crash in Loudoun County
- MORE: Scenes from the Women’s March on Washington
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.