Unattended candle set Sterling townhome ablaze
Four residents were displaced after an unattended candle caused a fire Jan. 21 in a Sterling townhome.
According to Loudoun County Fire, Rescue and Emergency Management, firefighters from Sterling Park, Cascades, Lansdowne, Ashburn and Fairfax County reported to the 9:45 a.m. blaze at 6 Nicholson Court.
Crews were able to extinguish the fire and there were no injuries to either fire personnel or the residents. However, the building sustained an estimated $100,000 worth of damage.
The displaced residents are staying with family.
Be the first to post a comment!
- DEVELOPING: Friday morning shooting in Sterling
- Bluemont, Zephaniah Farm vineyards the stars at first-ever Loudoun Wine Awards
- IndED Academies offers alternative homeschool education
- Holocaust history training for Loudoun teachers emphasizes making the right choices
- Minor traffic crash leads to arrest in Purcellville
Light rain shower
|Hi 87°||Hi 86°|
|Lo 67°||Lo 65°|
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.