UPDATE: More than 12,000 without power in Loudoun
As of 11:30 p.m. Dominion Power officials were reporting 7,400 out of 72,000 homes in Loudoun without power. The Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative was reporting 4,683 out of 23,468 without electricity.
The outages are contained mostly in the northern region of the county, but there are some heavy outages along Routes 7 and 50 as well as far western portion of the county.
A hotline has been activated for Loudoun County residents who need to find information or who need help from the impacts of Hurricane Sandy. The Loudoun County Emergency Hotline phone number is 703-737-8300. For emergencies, call 9-1-1. For more information, visit http://www.loudoun.gov/hurricane
Check back to loudountimes.com as more information is released.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Man who firebombed Loudoun Corrections building arrested on federal charges
- Leesburg Police searching for truck involved in July 29 hit and run
- No strike, no contract at Verizon
- Chantilly man found with arsenal to prepare for ‘zombie apocalypse’ sentenced to 23 years
- Purcellville man struck by vehicle during traffic stop
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.