Virginia Cavalry FC debuts new logo
After a busy week that saw their ballpark zoning approved by the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors, the team today debuted the official team logo, colors and shield.
In a year the team will take the field donning predominantly red, black and silver colors. The shield has a traditional look with four divided quadrants outlined in silver and white. The top two quadrants feature a rearing horse and the interlocking letters V-A-C.
A black banner arcs across the shield's lower half, containing the stacked words "Virginia Cavalry." Below the banner are the letters "FC, which stands for Football Club.
"I absolutely love our logo. It has different significant pieces which represent our club wonderfully well," Mark Simpson, the club's director of Soccer Operations, said in a news release. "It's classic and traditional and will be something our players will be proud to wear and our fans will identify with. Whether on jerseys as a badge or on the fans' scarves, this logo will be a strong presence for Virginia Cavalry FC."
The club plans to utilize specific elements of the primary logo, such as the horse and the interlocking letters, as secondary marks for alternate jerseys and fan clothing.
Virginia Cavalry FC will play its home matches in the forthcoming stadium at One Loudoun near the interchange of Route 7 and Loudoun County Parkway. Completion is expected in time for the 2014 season.
- Finding room: What might get sacrificed in Loudoun’s capital budget for two new schools
- Middleburg, Distilled: Mt. Defiance Cidery and Distillery opens to the public
- UPDATE: Three Loudoun supervisors considering raising taxes to fund education
- UPDATE: Contender for School Board At Large seat enters ring
- 2015 Virginia legislative session wraps up with ethics rules