Loudoun County Public Schools launches new online pre-registration
The online registration site will open on Feb. 16 for students entering kindergarten through grade 12 during the 2015 through 2016 school year. Online registration will open Feb. 23 for students in all grades entering the 2016 through 2017 school year.
In the past, parents entering a student into kindergarten experienced long lines forming early in the morning on registration days. Pre-registration will allow parents to enter information about their incoming kindergarten student and set up a registration meeting for Kindergarten Kick-off on March 30.
Parents with children who are 5 years old on or before Sept. 30 should use the following link for more information: LCPS Registration Website.
Online, pre-registration demonstration and information
For a guided video tour of the online, pre-registration process and supporting documentation, click here. To view the LCPS web page describing the pre-registration process click here. This page also has a document providing a brief overview of the pre-registration process and a list of frequently asked questions and answers (FAQ’s).
Registration instructions for March 30
Parents who have not pre-registered will need to check for registration hours at the elementary school their child will attend. To find out which school your child will attend, click here and follow the instructions. (Kindergarten students for the new Madison’s Trust Elementary School will register in Room 101D of the LCPS Administrative Offices located at 21000 Education Court, Ashburn.)
All elementary schools will register students in their attendance zone only.
Registration forms are available at your local elementary school or on the LCPS Registration website.
What you need to register
Plan to bring the following items on registration day, March 30:
• The original or certified copy of your child’s birth certificate or a notarized affidavit.
• Proof of Residency (a signed deed, current lease agreement, new settlement paperwork or current mortgage statement).
• A parent/guardian photo ID.
• Legal custody papers, if applicable.
Parents should provide the completed registration form with a new physical to the school no later than Aug. 15.
Post a comment
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Loudoun County Public Schools launches new online pre-registration
- Loudoun law enforcement, mental health experts team up with former NBA player’s Project Purple
- Loudoun County administrator recommends tax hike in upcoming $2.5 billion budget
- Loudoun winery included in Oscars ‘swag bag’
- Vote on Leesburg courthouse expansion postponed