Wickens to become county’s next IT director
Loudoun County has tapped Wendy Wickens to be the new director of information technology beginning Dec. 1.
Wickens is currently the assistant director of the Department of Information Technology (DIT). She’ll be promoted following the retirement of current DIT Director Gene Troxell, who was with Loudoun County for 45 years, according to the county’s public information office.
Wickens previously served as the information technology director for the Town of Leesburg from 2004 to 2011. Before that, she was the information systems manager in the City of Williamsburg.
“Wendy has extensive experience with a variety of information systems, ranging from enterprise resource programs to public safety communications. Given where we are with information systems in Loudoun County, Wendy is ideally suited to lead the department for the foreseeable future,” County Administrator Tim Hemstreet said in a prepared statement.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Leesburg man receives maximum sentence for second-degree murder
- Loudoun home inventory indicates balance
- Gloucester Parkway extension to open Aug. 4
- In stump-style speech, AG Herring touts accomplishments, rips Republicans
- Dulles-based Orbital ATK supports secret satellite launch for national security mission