Wickens to become county’s next IT director
Loudoun County has tapped Wendy Wickens to be the new director of information technology beginning Dec. 1.
Wickens is currently the assistant director of the Department of Information Technology (DIT). She’ll be promoted following the retirement of current DIT Director Gene Troxell, who was with Loudoun County for 45 years, according to the county’s public information office.
Wickens previously served as the information technology director for the Town of Leesburg from 2004 to 2011. Before that, she was the information systems manager in the City of Williamsburg.
“Wendy has extensive experience with a variety of information systems, ranging from enterprise resource programs to public safety communications. Given where we are with information systems in Loudoun County, Wendy is ideally suited to lead the department for the foreseeable future,” County Administrator Tim Hemstreet said in a prepared statement.
- Loudoun Chamber of Commerce honors businesses at annual awards
- Attempt to repeal abortion ultrasound law fails in Virginia Senate
- Cycle Scene opens state-of-the-art Studio in Ashburn
- Where it stands: Loudoun County Courts Complex expansion
- UPDATE: Loudoun School Board approves budget worth $1.3 million more than initial proposal