Winter Weather Advisory in effect for Loudoun until 6 a.m. Thursday
Loudoun County will continue to see precipitation through tonight with a National Weather Service Winter Weather Advisory in effect until 6 a.m. Thursday.
Snow, sleet and freezing rain began falling throughout the county this morning. The highest chance for sleet will hit between 1 and 2 p.m. according to the National Weather Service.
Today daytime snow and sleet accumulation is predicted to be 1 to 2 inches. Rain is expected to set in tonight before 1 a.m. with following fog.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow, sleet or freezing rain will make travel difficult.
The National Weather Service is urging motorist to be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibility.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Orbital to launch Antares rocket Oct. 27 from Wallops Flight Facility
- Comstock’s property taxes raise questions about a central campaign narrative
- Maryland man pleads guilty to Taylorstown home invasion
- Voting advocates fear impact of Virginia’s voter ID law
- Witness in Sterling murder recants testimony