Winter Weather Advisory in effect for Loudoun until 6 a.m. Thursday
Loudoun County will continue to see precipitation through tonight with a National Weather Service Winter Weather Advisory in effect until 6 a.m. Thursday.
Snow, sleet and freezing rain began falling throughout the county this morning. The highest chance for sleet will hit between 1 and 2 p.m. according to the National Weather Service.
Today daytime snow and sleet accumulation is predicted to be 1 to 2 inches. Rain is expected to set in tonight before 1 a.m. with following fog.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow, sleet or freezing rain will make travel difficult.
The National Weather Service is urging motorist to be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibility.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Middleburg Charter School faces probation
- Dominion’s Smith to play in U.S. Army All-American Bowl
- Former Redskin Fred Smoot arrested for domestic violence
- Rape story jolts UVA campus; LCPS grads demand changes
- Hops, not houses: How a Lucketts transplant hopes to bring Loudoun back to its agrarian roots