10th District Academy Day set for April 5
Representatives from the U.S. Military Academy, U.S. Naval Academy, U.S. Air Force Academy and the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy will be in attendance. In addition, representatives from the U.S. Coast Guard, Virginia Military Institute and the Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets have been invited.
Rep. Frank Wolf (R-10th), who is hosting the event, said students and parents will have the opportunity to meet with these representatives, as well as participate in panel discussions.
The 2019 Academy nomination season is now “open” for inquiries from students considering attending one of the U.S. service academies. Because Wolf will be retiring from Congress at the end of year, the deadline to submit nomination applications through his office has been moved up to Sept. 15 instead of Oct. 1.
For more information about the congressional nominating process or Academy Day, contact Mary Ann Cannon in Wolf’s Herndon office at 703-709-5800, or go to wolf.house.gov and click on “Academy Nominations” to complete an online candidate registration form.
The Loudoun County School Board Office is at 21000 Education Court, Ashburn, Virginia 20148.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: Closed meeting for ‘open’ discussion brings shame on Leesburg Council
- Expect delays at East Market and Plaza in Leesburg Tuesday
- Report finds future housing gap of 18,000 in Loudoun. But is the county ready for the growth?
- Loudoun sheriff, local police chiefs discuss ‘State of Law Enforcement’ at annual forum
- TSA sees spike in number of guns at Washington-area airport checkpoints in 2016
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.