10th District Academy Day set for April 5
Representatives from the U.S. Military Academy, U.S. Naval Academy, U.S. Air Force Academy and the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy will be in attendance. In addition, representatives from the U.S. Coast Guard, Virginia Military Institute and the Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets have been invited.
Rep. Frank Wolf (R-10th), who is hosting the event, said students and parents will have the opportunity to meet with these representatives, as well as participate in panel discussions.
The 2019 Academy nomination season is now “open” for inquiries from students considering attending one of the U.S. service academies. Because Wolf will be retiring from Congress at the end of year, the deadline to submit nomination applications through his office has been moved up to Sept. 15 instead of Oct. 1.
For more information about the congressional nominating process or Academy Day, contact Mary Ann Cannon in Wolf’s Herndon office at 703-709-5800, or go to wolf.house.gov and click on “Academy Nominations” to complete an online candidate registration form.
The Loudoun County School Board Office is at 21000 Education Court, Ashburn, Virginia 20148.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Virginia court nixes order restoring felons’ voting rights
- Virginia senator and former governor Tim Kaine to be Clinton’s running mate
- Supervisors approve draft-scope of work for nonprofit needs assessment
- NAACP leader calls Loudoun County Public Schools’ diversity training ‘a joke’
- Warner Construction awarded $7.3 million contract to build Kirkpatrick Fire and Rescue Station