10th District Academy Day set for April 5
Representatives from the U.S. Military Academy, U.S. Naval Academy, U.S. Air Force Academy and the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy will be in attendance. In addition, representatives from the U.S. Coast Guard, Virginia Military Institute and the Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets have been invited.
Rep. Frank Wolf (R-10th), who is hosting the event, said students and parents will have the opportunity to meet with these representatives, as well as participate in panel discussions.
The 2019 Academy nomination season is now “open” for inquiries from students considering attending one of the U.S. service academies. Because Wolf will be retiring from Congress at the end of year, the deadline to submit nomination applications through his office has been moved up to Sept. 15 instead of Oct. 1.
For more information about the congressional nominating process or Academy Day, contact Mary Ann Cannon in Wolf’s Herndon office at 703-709-5800, or go to wolf.house.gov and click on “Academy Nominations” to complete an online candidate registration form.
The Loudoun County School Board Office is at 21000 Education Court, Ashburn, Virginia 20148.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Comstock’s property taxes raise questions about a central campaign narrative
- Maryland man pleads guilty to Taylorstown home invasion
- Voting advocates fear impact of Virginia’s voter ID law
- Witness in Sterling murder recants testimony
- LCPS encourages relationships between schools and local businesses