250-acre park coming to Arcola
Readying the 257-acre Hal and Berni Hanson Park, located north and south of 23862 Evergreen Mills Road (Route 621), is expected to cost more than $47 million, with $17 million coming from cash proffers. The county's fiscal 2015-2020 adopted capital improvement program budget includes $47.74 million in funding for the construction and furniture, fixtures and equipment (FFE) costs for developing the park.
On Wednesday supervisors approved an application to permit the regional park as a special exception; to permit lighted playing fields; and to permit the park as a public facility.
A time line for final completion is still flimsy. The $47 million is budgeted for 2017, according to a county report, which can be read here.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Ashburn couple indicted in $20M visa fraud scheme
- EDITORIAL: Sister cities bring junkets and jokes, not economic development
- Redskins’ Pierre Garçon surprises Loudoun County ‘Teacher of the Year’
- Community Foundation’s 24-hour “Give Choose” campaign to be held Tuesday
- Loudoun students raise awareness about water access in West Africa