250-acre park coming to Arcola
Readying the 257-acre Hal and Berni Hanson Park, located north and south of 23862 Evergreen Mills Road (Route 621), is expected to cost more than $47 million, with $17 million coming from cash proffers. The county's fiscal 2015-2020 adopted capital improvement program budget includes $47.74 million in funding for the construction and furniture, fixtures and equipment (FFE) costs for developing the park.
On Wednesday supervisors approved an application to permit the regional park as a special exception; to permit lighted playing fields; and to permit the park as a public facility.
A time line for final completion is still flimsy. The $47 million is budgeted for 2017, according to a county report, which can be read here.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EDITORIAL: The right to know comes home at Montpelier
- Ashburn man who murdered estranged wife receives life sentence
- Report: State salaries to lag private sector by 27 percent
- Pacific Boulevard extension opens as Ashbun man waits for eminent domain trial
- EXCLUSIVE: LCPS officials recommended Dominion teacher for new job after ‘alleged incident’
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.