250-acre park coming to Arcola
Readying the 257-acre Hal and Berni Hanson Park, located north and south of 23862 Evergreen Mills Road (Route 621), is expected to cost more than $47 million, with $17 million coming from cash proffers. The county's fiscal 2015-2020 adopted capital improvement program budget includes $47.74 million in funding for the construction and furniture, fixtures and equipment (FFE) costs for developing the park.
On Wednesday supervisors approved an application to permit the regional park as a special exception; to permit lighted playing fields; and to permit the park as a public facility.
A time line for final completion is still flimsy. The $47 million is budgeted for 2017, according to a county report, which can be read here.
Be the first to post a comment!
- Former Sen. Jim Webb forms exploratory committee for White House
- 2015 Future Leaders Scholarship Award
- Gov. McAuliffe announces first commercial hops facility in mid-Atlantic in Loudoun
- No small potatoes: Loudoun Interfaith rebounds in time for the turkey
- First baby born at Inova’s new Natural Birth Center