74,000-plus have signed up for health care in Va.
Figures from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services show that from Oct. 1 through Feb. 1, 28 percent of those in Virginia who selected marketplace plans were ages 18 to 34.
Sixteen percent were ages 35 to 44; 21 percent were ages 45 to 54, and 27 percent were ages 55 to 64.
Under President Barack Obama's signature health care law, the federal government operates the electronic system for Virginia and 35 other states.
The enrollment period remains open through March 31.
- Micro and farm breweries poised to boom in Loudoun
- EDITORIAL: A Thanksgiving party to grow hops, not houses
- Men used sledgehammer to smash counter at Dulles jewelry store; high-priced watches stolen
- Gov. McAuliffe says Virginia economy ‘perilous’
- New minimum wage legislation faces tough road in 2015