Comstock officially enters 10th Congressional District race
A former staffer for the three-decade incumbent Wolf, Comstock was elected to a third term in the General Assembly in November, narrowly defeating Democrat Kathleen Murphy.
Since Wolf's surprise retirement announcement in December, Comstock has been rumored as one of the strongest candidates – if not the presumptive favorite – for the Republican nomination.
Comstock lives in McLean and represents portions of Fairfax and Loudoun counties in the state house. She was a top Virginia adviser for Mitt Romney's 2012 presidential bid.
Another Loudoun representative to Richmond, Republican state Sen. Dick Black (R-13th) has launched an exploratory committee to study a 10th Congressional District campaign.
Democrats John Foust, a Fairfax County supervisor, Richard Bolger, a Fairfax attorney and Sam Kubba, a Leesburg architect, have all announced plans to seek the Democratic nomination.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Former Redskin faces firearms charge
- Featured by Rolling Stone and NPR, Leesburg native Car Seat Headrest is having one heck of a year
- Loudoun County Public Schools launches new online pre-registration
- Loudoun law enforcement, mental health experts team up with former NBA player’s Project Purple
- Loudoun County administrator recommends tax hike in upcoming $2.5 billion budget