Comstock officially enters 10th Congressional District race
A former staffer for the three-decade incumbent Wolf, Comstock was elected to a third term in the General Assembly in November, narrowly defeating Democrat Kathleen Murphy.
Since Wolf's surprise retirement announcement in December, Comstock has been rumored as one of the strongest candidates – if not the presumptive favorite – for the Republican nomination.
Comstock lives in McLean and represents portions of Fairfax and Loudoun counties in the state house. She was a top Virginia adviser for Mitt Romney's 2012 presidential bid.
Another Loudoun representative to Richmond, Republican state Sen. Dick Black (R-13th) has launched an exploratory committee to study a 10th Congressional District campaign.
Democrats John Foust, a Fairfax County supervisor, Richard Bolger, a Fairfax attorney and Sam Kubba, a Leesburg architect, have all announced plans to seek the Democratic nomination.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Redskins Park renamed in partnership with Inova Hospital
- Loudoun County Fire and Rescue awarded $2 million grant
- A Volunteer’s Venture: Loudoun’s Kannan Srinivasan at the Democratic National Committee
- Loudoun deputies investigating gang-related, underage prostitution ring
- Loudoun detectives seek public’s help in identifying Ashburn armed robbery suspect