Comstock officially enters 10th Congressional District racePOLITICO report this morning.
A former staffer for the three-decade incumbent Wolf, Comstock was elected to a third term in the General Assembly in November, narrowly defeating Democrat Kathleen Murphy.
Since Wolf's surprise retirement announcement in December, Comstock has been rumored as one of the strongest candidates – if not the presumptive favorite – for the Republican nomination.
Comstock lives in McLean and represents portions of Fairfax and Loudoun counties in the state house. She was a top Virginia adviser for Mitt Romney's 2012 presidential bid.
Another Loudoun representative to Richmond, Republican state Sen. Dick Black (R-13th) has launched an exploratory committee to study a 10th Congressional District campaign.
Democrats John Foust, a Fairfax County supervisor, Richard Bolger, a Fairfax attorney and Sam Kubba, a Leesburg architect, have all announced plans to seek the Democratic nomination.
- Village at Leesburg gets makeover
- More costs, delays for Metro’s Silver Line to Loudoun
- Wason Center poll: Jeb Bush surpasses Hillary Clinton in Virginia
- In Northern Va., Michelle Obama says tech industry to train, hire 90K military vets
- Parent takes Loudoun school administrators to court over alleged FOIA violations