Comstock officially enters 10th Congressional District race
A former staffer for the three-decade incumbent Wolf, Comstock was elected to a third term in the General Assembly in November, narrowly defeating Democrat Kathleen Murphy.
Since Wolf's surprise retirement announcement in December, Comstock has been rumored as one of the strongest candidates – if not the presumptive favorite – for the Republican nomination.
Comstock lives in McLean and represents portions of Fairfax and Loudoun counties in the state house. She was a top Virginia adviser for Mitt Romney's 2012 presidential bid.
Another Loudoun representative to Richmond, Republican state Sen. Dick Black (R-13th) has launched an exploratory committee to study a 10th Congressional District campaign.
Democrats John Foust, a Fairfax County supervisor, Richard Bolger, a Fairfax attorney and Sam Kubba, a Leesburg architect, have all announced plans to seek the Democratic nomination.
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: For $1 billion, citizens should expect accountability from Loudoun County Public Schools
- Republicans quickly kill Virginia transgender bathroom bill
- Loudoun Sheriff’s Office releases surveillance video of suspect in Purcellville burglary
- Loudoun Sheriff’s Office seeks information about Friday-morning crash in Sterling
- Leesburg man charged following motorcycle crash in Sterling
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.