A 65,000 sq. foot TopGolf facility planned for Loudoun
Initial plans are to build the facility at the intersection of Loudoun County Parkway and Route 7, across the street from One Loudoun, according to Zach Shor, the director of real estate for TopGolf.
According to Shor, the facility would be "98 percent" similar to current facilities in Houston and Austin.
The amenities in Houston and Austin include: three levels of tees with 102 hitting bays; a full-service restaurant and bars; a rooftop terrace with fire pit and cabanas; more than 230 HD TVs and nearly 3,000 square feet of private event space.
"We love the demographics of Loudoun. Love the population,” Shor said. “We think the D.C. Metro area could be huge for us."
Shor said the company loves the median demographic—young professionals—and the median income of the county.
Shor believes an asset such as a golf course could be a boon for future office development nearby.
The TopGolf franchise started in west Houston and, according to Shor, was "much more mass market than we thought we were."
He said the facility attracts every kind of consumer.
"Older folks come in for breakfast and hitting,;lunch is business folks; afternoon, middle and high school golf teams; and dinner and after work, there are professionals," Shor said.
Plans are in place for TopGolf to break ground at the beginning of the summer.
A nine-month construction time frame is anticipated, with completion in early 2nd quarter 2015.
- Foodies rejoice part 2: More restaurant options in Loudoun
- Loudoun Commonwealth’s Attorney endorses Noble for sheriff
- Inspector general critiques Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority audit practices
- Community protests Sterling’s Calvary Temple church amid allegations of sexual abuse
- Round Hill artist awarded honorable mention in international plein air competition