A home away from home
Perhaps Dorothy might have thought different had she been afforded the luxuries of a country retreat where she was pampered with complementary wine, snacks and a relaxing day by the water.
For the fifth consecutive year, several of Loudoun's bed and breakfasts and cottage retreats will open their doors April 28 to visitors looking for that perfect Virginia countryside getaway.
Coordinated by the Loudoun County Bed & Breakfast Guild, 12 businesses have partnered with area vineyards, restaurants and event planners to give visitors the best of all D.C.'s Wine Country has to offer during the free, self-guided tour.
Included in the 1 to 5 p.m. tour are:
• Fieldstone Farm, Hillsboro
• Georges Mill Farm B&B, Lovettsville
• Linden Hall Farm, Lovettsville
• Silverbrook Farm B&B
• Stone Manor B&B, Lovettsville
• Hillsborough B&B, Purcellville
• The Milk Cottage at WeatherLea Farm, Lovettsville
• Goodstone Inn & Estate, Middleburg
• Middleburg Country Inn
• Mitchell's Landing B&B, Purcellville
• Montrose Farm B&B, Purcellville
• Rose Hill Manor-Event Site, Leesburg
"We have a variety of members in our B&B guild. It's like a cross section of the different types of members we have," said Georjan Overman of the Loudoun County Bed & Breakfast Guild.
There are more than 20 members in the guild and participants in the open house vary each year, Overman said.
"Literally hundreds of people have come out to tour the various places …," she said.
Many of the people who take the open house tour are draw in during the annual Leesburg Flower and Garden Show, which hosts tens of thousands of visitors each year.
"We wind up seeing a lot of people who are not from Loudoun County itself, but are not far away from the D.C. area," Overman said. "These are people who like to come to the area to go to the vineyards or just visit the historic sites. We get a lot of returned guests this way."
A number of the venues also offer wedding services and guests use the open house as an opportunity to scout out a locale, she said.
"It gives people who might be more local to get a real look at the facility and at the same time, if they're offering [wine] tastings to book the facility and tell the partner 'I want you to do the catering,'" she said.
Guests on the open house tour will be eligible to win more than $1,000 in overnight stays, restaurant gift certificates and special prizes in drawings at the individual bed and breakfast sites.
For more information, visit http://www.LoudounBandB.com or call 877-771-2597.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- Del. Dave LaRock’s LGBT letter draws sharp rebukes, praise
- Detectives release sketch composite of second Lansdowne robbery suspect
- 100WomenStrong receives grant from SunTrust to enhance education programs
- Maryland man sent to prison for sexually assaulting Loudoun teen
- Sterling man to serve 5 years for in-home daycare molestation