A polo grounds could be coming to Middleburg
Plans for the facility have not been fully ironed out yet, but the application states Bush Hill is "proposing to use the property for a permanent establishment of a facility for regularly scheduled polo matches and training with periodic tournaments and charity events.
Long-term plans may include the installation of stables, an arena polo facility and a clubhouse/office facility."
Last year, multiple polo events took place on the grounds, but special event permits were used, according to George Walker, a co-applicant on the application.
The conference is to discuss potential requirements such as paved parking, vegetation buffers and bathroom facilities, according to Walker.
Bush Hill is not looking to rezone. The current by-right use of the land would continue.
In the next couple of years, the company is considering presenting events every weekend as opposed to using special event permits.
"We may go ahead and submit a site plan encompassing subdivision, future use, and potentially sell part of the lot to build a house," said Walker.
- Northern Virginia search and rescue members return from Nepal
- Leesburg elementary student injured in bus incident
- Mary Watson-DeLauder: At your service
- Holiday travel volume in Virginia expected to be highest in a decade
- MWAA vice president floats idea of residential at Dulles Airport’s ‘Western Lands’