Algonkian Elementary evacuated for electrical fire
At approximately 9:30 a.m., the Loudoun County Emergency Communication Center dispatched units from Cascades, Sterling Park, Lansdowne, Leesburg and Fairfax County after receiving reports of a fire. Smoke was found in the computer lab and the crews were able to locate a small electrical fire, which was extinguished, on the floor of the lab.
The building had been evacuated before fire and rescue units arrived, and everyone is accounted for. No injuries have been reported.
The building is currently being ventilated, and fire and rescue are still on scene. The Loudoun County Fire Marshal's Office is also on scene conducting an investigation.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at email@example.com.
- EDITORIAL: Fumblerooski on Metro
- The cost of Facebook: Loudoun economic development dept. spends $20K per year on social media site
- Wegmeyers, Fabbioli partner to produce first sparkling strawberry wine
- GOP gubernatorial hopefuls play nice at first debate
- Loudoun duo hopes to inspire a love of the arts among young people
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Click here for all e-editions.