Algonkian Elementary evacuated for electrical fire
At approximately 9:30 a.m., the Loudoun County Emergency Communication Center dispatched units from Cascades, Sterling Park, Lansdowne, Leesburg and Fairfax County after receiving reports of a fire. Smoke was found in the computer lab and the crews were able to locate a small electrical fire, which was extinguished, on the floor of the lab.
The building had been evacuated before fire and rescue units arrived, and everyone is accounted for. No injuries have been reported.
The building is currently being ventilated, and fire and rescue are still on scene. The Loudoun County Fire Marshal's Office is also on scene conducting an investigation.
Be the first to post a comment!
Post a commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Comments express only the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of this website or any associated person or entity. Any user who believes a message is objectionable can contact us at [email protected].
- EDITORIAL: Running against the wind in Leesburg mayoral race
- Leesburg photographer launches a dress line with Kickstarter campaign
- Ashburn’s Jason Sturm set to defend World Cup championship title
- Supervisors refuse to conduct $75,000 indoor sports facility study
- Caulkins Jewelers honors its roots after 60 years
|The Loudoun Times-Mirror
is an interactive, digital replica
of the printed newspaper.Open the e-edition now.