Arcadia Communities to build residential adjacent to the Village at Leesburg
Half of the units are planned as "loft-style town homes" while the other 42 units will be designed as "two-over-two style homes"going for somewhere in the upper $600,000 range.
Two-over-two style homes are condo-style domiciles with one condo unit on top of the other.
Like a vertical quad layout, two-over-two homes are popular as a way to save space and reduce costs.
The Village at Leesburg already touts 207 apartments and more than 1 million square feet of mixed-use space.
Added foot traffic to the mixed-use development could help the retail operations, of which large anchor tenants Coldwater Creek and Hamilton Furniture are on their way out.
The new residential units will not be under the same property management company, and none of the amenities will be shared between the Metropolitan apartments at the Village at Leesburg and the new residential.
The builder for the two-over-two homes has not been chosen yet, but the townhomes will be built by Arcadia.
The property is not scheduled to begin construction until fall of 2015.
- Former Loudoun Democrats chairman who left party launches bid for supervisor
- From quarry to community: Looking at the huge Waterside development application
- Loudoun photographers earn honors, work on display in Herndon
- MORE: Critics say Virginia ethics bill won’t prevent another scandal
- West End Wine Bar and Pub to open in Purcellville