Arcadia Communities to build residential adjacent to the Village at Leesburg
Half of the units are planned as "loft-style town homes" while the other 42 units will be designed as "two-over-two style homes"going for somewhere in the upper $600,000 range.
Two-over-two style homes are condo-style domiciles with one condo unit on top of the other.
Like a vertical quad layout, two-over-two homes are popular as a way to save space and reduce costs.
The Village at Leesburg already touts 207 apartments and more than 1 million square feet of mixed-use space.
Added foot traffic to the mixed-use development could help the retail operations, of which large anchor tenants Coldwater Creek and Hamilton Furniture are on their way out.
The new residential units will not be under the same property management company, and none of the amenities will be shared between the Metropolitan apartments at the Village at Leesburg and the new residential.
The builder for the two-over-two homes has not been chosen yet, but the townhomes will be built by Arcadia.
The property is not scheduled to begin construction until fall of 2015.
- EDITORIAL: When law enforcement is a more than a matter of faith
- Prince William chairman says Bi-County Parkway project dead
- Budget overview: Supervisors set to finalize fiscal 2016 spending plan Wednesday
- Two Loudoun high schools getting turf fields; Potomac Falls community cries out for attention
- Foodies rejoice part 2: More restaurant options in Loudoun